Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Legislative Consent: Agriculture Bill
This is a matter where the consent of the National Assembly for Wales is sought by the UK Government to legislate on an issue which could normally fall within the competence of the Assembly.
The Agriculture Bill (the Bill) was introduced in the House of Commons on 12 September 2018.
The Agriculture Bill seeks to provide the legal framework for the United Kingdom to leave the Common Agricultural Policy and establish a new system in its place.
Legislative Consent Memorandum
The Welsh Government laid a Legislative Consent Memorandum (LCM) on the Bill before the National Assembly on 4 October 2018.
The published its (PDF, 715KB) on the LCM on 4 January 2019.
The published its report (PDF, 1MB) on the LCM on 4 January 2019.
Supplementary Legislative Consent Memorandum
On , the Welsh Government laid a Supplementary LCM.
The published its (PDF, 171KB) on the Supplementary LCM on 7 June 2019.
The published its (PDF, 1MB) on the Supplementary LCM on 11 June 2019.
The Bill failed to complete its passage through UK Parliament before Dissolution. This means the Bill will make no further progress.
Business type: Legislative Consent
Reason considered: Government Business;
First published: 23/10/2018
- Legislative Consent Memorandum - The Agriculture Bill - 10 October 2018
- Business Committee Timetable: Legislative Consent Memorandum on the Agriculture Bill - 10 October 2018 PDF 57 KB View as HTML (2) 13 KB
- Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee - Report on the Welsh Government's Legislative Consent Memorandum on the Agriculture Bill
- Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee - Report on the Welsh Government’s Supplementary Legislative Consent Memorandum (Memorandum No 2) on the Agriculture Bill - June 2019
- Letter from the Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs, 11 October 2018 PDF 1 MB
- Letter to the Cabinet Secretary for Energy, Planning and Rural Affairs - 24 September 2018 PDF 82 KB
- Letter from the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs - 26 March 2019 PDF 1 MB
- Letter from the Minister for Environment, Energy and Rural Affairs - 25 July 2019 PDF 401 KB