Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Friday, 2 August 2019 to Friday, 1 November 2019
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- FP 01 Dr Thornton PDF 17 KB View as HTML (1) 7 KB
- FP 02 Individual PDF 14 KB View as HTML (2) 5 KB
- FP 03 Residential Landlords Association PDF 58 KB View as HTML (3) 38 KB
- FP 04 Swansea Council PDF 31 KB View as HTML (4) 28 KB
- FP 05 FLEXIS Cardiff University PDF 62 KB View as HTML (5) 31 KB
- FP 06 Smart Energy GB PDF 89 KB View as HTML (6) 35 KB
- FP 07 Older people's Commissioner for Wales PDF 61 KB View as HTML (7) 14 KB
- FP 08 Caerphilly Council PDF 35 KB View as HTML (8) 22 KB
- FP 09 Ceredigion County Council PDF 83 KB View as HTML (9) 50 KB
- FP 10 National House Building Council (NHBC) PDF 265 KB View as HTML (10) 42 KB
- FP 11 Warm Wales PDF 51 KB View as HTML (11) 21 KB
- FP 12 Isle of Angelsey County Council Housing Department PDF 47 KB View as HTML (12) 34 KB
- FP 13 Home Builders Federation (HBF) PDF 16 KB View as HTML (13) 6 KB
- FP 14 EON PDF 140 KB View as HTML (14) 37 KB
- FP 15 Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University PDF 23 KB View as HTML (15) 13 KB
- FP 16 Policy Connect PDF 34 KB View as HTML (16) 13 KB
- FP 17 Bevan Foundation PDF 105 KB View as HTML (17) 54 KB
- FP 18 UK and Ireland Fuel Distributors Association (UKIFDA) PDF 173 KB View as HTML (18) 30 KB
- FP 19 Cyngor Gwynedd (submitted in welsh only) PDF 30 KB View as HTML (19) 14 KB
- FP 20 Childrens Commissioner for Wales PDF 39 KB View as HTML (20) 20 KB
- FP 21 Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) Cymru PDF 61 KB View as HTML (21) 40 KB
- FP 22 Calor PDF 205 KB View as HTML (22) 41 KB
- FP 23 Energy Saving Trust PDF 149 KB View as HTML (23) 53 KB
- FP 24 Public Health Wales PDF 70 KB View as HTML (24) 43 KB
- FP 25 Energy UK PDF 140 KB View as HTML (25) 44 KB
- FP 26 Scope PDF 101 KB View as HTML (26) 87 KB
- FP 27 National Energy Action (NEA) Cymru PDF 86 KB View as HTML (27) 64 KB
- FP 28 Community Housing Cymru (CHC) PDF 105 KB View as HTML (28) 77 KB
- FP 29 Citizens Advice PDF 317 KB View as HTML (29) 48 KB
- FP 30 The Welsh Heads of Environmental Health Private Sector Housing Expert Panel PDF 76 KB View as HTML (30) 65 KB
- FP 31 Christina Nascimento, Academic Researcher PDF 104 KB View as HTML (31) 35 KB
- FP 32 Care and Repair Cymru PDF 98 KB View as HTML (32) 66 KB
- FP 33 Age Cymru PDF 72 KB View as HTML (33) 40 KB
- FP 34 Active Building Centre PDF 124 KB View as HTML (34) 26 KB
- FP 35 Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) PDF 384 KB View as HTML (35) 16 KB
- Fuel poverty - Summary note PDF 276 KB View as HTML (36) 83 KB
- Correspondence from Citizens Advice - February 2020 PDF 255 KB
- Correspondence from Nest - February 2020 PDF 428 KB View as HTML (38) 49 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Climate Change Environment and Rural Affairs Committee is carrying out an inquiry into fuel poverty and would welcome your views on the following:
- the scale and impacts of fuel poverty in Wales;
- why the Welsh Government failed to meet its statutory target of eradicating fuel poverty in Wales by 2018;
- how Welsh Government action to date has helped to combat fuel poverty, in particular, the impact of the Warm Homes Programme (including Nest and Arbed) and the Welsh Housing Quality Standard;
- how the Welsh Government’s successor to the fuel poverty strategy (due for consultation in Autumn 2019) should differ from its 2010 strategy;
- what steps the Welsh Government should take to ensure that new-build homes, as well as existing homes, are highly energy efficient to prevent them causing fuel poverty in the future.
The consultation closed on 01 Novmeber 2019.
If you have any questions or would like further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
For clarity, there is no designated form for submissions. For those who would like to submit their response electronically, please send your submission in the body of an e-mail or as an attachment to SeneddCCERA@Senedd.wales
For those who would like to submit their views in hard copy, letters can be addressed as follows: Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee, Welsh Parliament, Ty Hywel, Cardiff Bay, CF99 1SN.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd Official Languages Scheme, the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee
Telephone: 0300 200 6565