Welcome to the Senedd's new website. If you have any difficulty using this site please get in touch.
Welsh Government Draft Budget 2021-22
- This consultation has completed. It ran from Wednesday, 30 September 2020 to Friday, 27 November 2020
- View the background to this consultation
- View all current consultations
Response to the consultation
Evidence submitted in response to this Consultation
- WGDB_21-22 01 Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) PDF 219 KB
- WGDB_21-22 02 Hafal PDF 235 KB
- WGDB_21-22 03 Welsh Retail Consortium PDF 231 KB
- WGDB_21-22 04 Welsh Social Enterprise Stakeholder Group PDF 177 KB
- WGDB_21-22 05 Future Generations Commissioner for Wales PDF 883 KB
- WGDB_21-22 06 Marine Conservation Society PDF 747 KB
- WGDB_21-22 07 Oxfam Cymru PDF 207 KB
- WGDB_21-22 08 Royal College of Physicians PDF 769 KB
- WGDB_21-22 09 University and College Union PDF 261 KB
- WGDB_21-22 10 Wales Environment Link PDF 922 KB
- WGDB_21-22 11 Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA) PDF 268 KB
- WGDB_21-22 12 Individual PDF 149 KB
- WGDB_21-22 13 Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI Cymru) PDF 187 KB
- WGDB_21-22 14 Chwarae Teg PDF 342 KB
- WGDB_21-22 15 Welsh Women's Aid PDF 420 KB
- WGDB_21-22 16 Colleges Wales PDF 351 KB
- WGDB_21-22 17 Wales Co-operative Centre PDF 300 KB
- WGDB_21-22 18 WWF Cymru PDF 276 KB
- WGDB_21-22 19 Universities Wales PDF 231 KB
- WGDB_21-22 20 Energy Saving Trust PDF 333 KB
- WGDB_21-22 21 The Welsh NHS Confederation PDF 378 KB
- WGDB_21-22 22 Bevan Foundation PDF 195 KB
- WGDB_21-22 23 Equality and Human Rights Commission PDF 247 KB
- WGDB_21-22 24 Wales Fiscal Analysis PDF 267 KB
- WGDB_21-22 25 Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA) PDF 268 KB
- WGDB_21-22 26 FSB Wales PDF 672 KB
Purpose of the consultation
The Committees of the Senedd are seeking information to inform their scrutiny of the Welsh Government’s 2021-22 Draft Budget proposals. We are interested in exploring expectations of the 2021-22 budget, including financial readiness for the 2021-22 year and the impact of the 2020-21 budget.
We do not know as yet what the draft budget proposals will look like, as they will not be published until December 2020. The Finance Committee looks at the Welsh Government’s budget from a strategic, overarching perspective. We also work with the other Senedd Committees to ensure that proposals for specific departments, or cabinet portfolios are considered in detail. Committees will each undertake their own focussed evidence sessions in order to examine the areas of the budget that fall within their respective remits.
You are also welcome to let us know in general terms of your views in relation to the draft budget.
Providing Written Evidence
The Senedd has two official languages, Welsh and English.
In line with the Senedd’s Official Languages Scheme the Committee requests that documents or written responses to consultations intended for publication or use in Senedd proceedings are submitted bilingually. When documents or written responses are not submitted bilingually, we will publish in the language submitted, stating that it has been received in that language only.
We expect other organisations to implement their own standards or schemes and to comply with their statutory obligation.
Disclosure of information
Please ensure that you have considered the Senedd’s policy on disclosure of information before submitting information to the Committee.
Should you wish to speak to someone regarding this consultation, please use the below contact details:
Telephone: 0300 200 6565