This page gives details of any meetings held which will, or did, discuss the matter, and includes links to the relevant Papers, Agendas and Minutes.
Note: Meeting Agenda can change at short notice. Particularly where future meeting dates are indicated more than a week in advance. Please check before planning to attend a Committee Meeting that the item you are interested in has not been moved.
3 P-05-886 Stop the Red Route (A55/A494 corridor)
Members declared relevant interests under Standing Order 17.24A:
· Jack Sargeant has previously declared his support for the scheme.
· Michelle Brown has previously declared her opposition to the scheme.
The Committee considered further evidence and agreed to write to the Minister for Economy and Transport to raise a number of further issues in relation to the scheme.
5 Evidence Session 2: P-05-886 Stop the Red Route (A55/A494 corridor)
· Iwan Prys Jones, Programme Manager, North Wales Economic Ambition Board
· Stephen Jones, Chief Officer for Streetscene and Transportation, Flintshire County Council
· Cllr Carolyn Thomas, Deputy Leader of the Council and Cabinet Member for Streetscene and Countryside, Flintshire County Council
The Committee heard evidence from North Wales Economic Ambition Board and Flintshire County Council.
Flintshire County Council agreed to supply a copy of the latest Flintshire Bridge inspection report to the Committee.
4 Evidence Session 1: P-05-886 Stop the Red Route (A55/A494 corridor)
· Tom Rippeth, petitioner
· Mike Webb, petitioner
Under Standing Order 17.24A Jack Sargeant AM declared that he has previously supported the Red Route.
The Committee heard evidence from Tom Rippeth, on behalf of the petitioners, and Mike Webb, representing North Wales Wildlife Trust.
5 P-05-886 Stop the Red Route (A55/A494 corridor)
The Committee considered the petition for the first time and agreed to invite the petitioners to attend a future Committee meeting to explore their concerns in relation to the proposed Red Route in more detail.