Concise Minutes - Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee


Meeting Venue:

Committee Room 2 - Senedd

Meeting date: Wednesday, 3 April 2019

Meeting time: 09.32 - 12.20
This meeting can be viewed
on Senedd TV at:
http://senedd.tv/en/5346


------

Attendance

Category

Names

Assembly Members:

Bethan Sayed AM (Chair)

Mick Antoniw AM

Delyth Jewell AM

Caroline Jones AM

David Melding AM

Rhianon Passmore AM

Witnesses:

Catrin James, Urdd

Siân Lewis, Urdd

Kathryn Williams, Rubicon Dance

Committee Staff:

Martha Da Gama Howells (Second Clerk)

Lowri Jones (Deputy Clerk)

Osian Bowyer (Researcher)

Robin Wilkinson (Researcher)

Gwyn Griffiths (Legal Adviser)

 

<AI1>

1       Introductions, apologies, substitutions and declarations of interest

1.1        The Chair welcomed Members to the meeting.

1.2        Apologies were received from Jayne Bryant AM and Vikki Howells AM.

1.3        Rhianon Passmore AM declared that her son is an Urdd participant.

</AI1>

<AI2>

2       Count me in! - Inquiry into the role of arts and culture in addressing poverty and social exclusion: Children and young people

2.1 Members were shown a video from both organisations.

2.2 Witnesses responded to questions from Members of the Committee.

2.3 Witnesses from the Urdd agreed to provide additional information to the Committee regarding its strategic approach to addressing poverty and social exclusion through arts and culture.

</AI2>

<AI3>

3       Paper(s) to note

3.1 Committee Members agreed to discuss this paper during the private part of today’s meeting.  

</AI3>

<AI4>

3.1   Correspondence from the BBC regarding the representation of Wales

</AI4>

<AI5>

4       Motion under Standing Order 17.42(vi) to resolve to exclude the public from the meeting for the remainder of the meeting

4.1 The motion was agreed.

</AI5>

<AI6>

5       Private debrief

5.1 Members discussed the evidence received.

</AI6>

<AI7>

6       Supporting and promoting the Welsh language: Legal Briefing paper and consideration of key issues

6.1 Members discussed the legal briefing paper and consideration of key issues.

</AI7>

<AI8>

7       Film and major television production in Wales: Discussion of draft report

7.1 Members agreed to share their views with the Clerking team ahead of a further discussion on the report at its first meeting after Easter recess.

</AI8>

<TRAILER_SECTION>

</TRAILER_SECTION>

<LAYOUT_SECTION>

1.          FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</LAYOUT_SECTION>

<TITLE_ONLY_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.          FIELD_TITLE

</TITLE_ONLY_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<HEADING_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_TITLE

</HEADING_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<TITLED_COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</TITLED_COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_SUMMARY

</COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

 

<SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.1          FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

 

<TITLE_ONLY_SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.2          FIELD_TITLE

</TITLE_ONLY_SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>