Concise Minutes - Culture, Welsh Language and Communications Committee


Meeting Venue:

Committee Room 2 - Senedd

Meeting date: Wednesday, 20 March 2019

Meeting time: 09.32 - 11.30
This meeting can be viewed
on Senedd TV at:
http://senedd.tv/en/5344


------

Attendance

Category

Names

Assembly Members:

Bethan Sayed AM (Chair)

Mick Antoniw AM

Delyth Jewell AM

Caroline Jones AM

David Melding AM

Rhianon Passmore AM

Witnesses:

Tina McMahon, Caerphilly County Borough Council

Lauren Hughes, Caerphilly County Borough Council

Kelly Barr, Age Cymru

Dr Valerie Billingham, Age Cymru

Committee Staff:

Martha Da Gama Howells (Second Clerk)

Lowri Jones (Deputy Clerk)

 

<AI1>

1       Introductions, apologies, substitutions and declarations of interest

1.1        The Chair welcomed Members to the meeting.

1.2        Apologies were received from Vikki Howells AM and Jayne Bryant AM.

</AI1>

<AI2>

2       Count me in! - Inquiry into the role of arts and culture in addressing poverty and social exclusion: Local authorities

2.1 Witnesses responded to questions from Members of the Committee.
2.2 Witnesses agreed to provide information regarding data collected on the employment support participants who have sought employment in the cultural sector.

2.3 Additionally, witnesses agreed to provide information on any assessments which have been undertaken on local schemes which have proven beneficial to participants.

</AI2>

<AI3>

3       Count me in! - Inquiry into the role of arts and culture in addressing poverty and social exclusion: Voluntary sector

3.1 Witnesses responded to questions from Members of the Committee.

3.2 Witnesses agreed to provide additional information regarding Gwanwyn Clubs.

3.3 Witnesses agreed to provide information regarding volunteering and engaging with older people to undertake volunteer work.

3.4 Witnesses agreed to provide information regarding engagement work undertaken with the BME community through the Age Alliance Focus Group.

</AI3>

<AI4>

4       Paper(s) to note

4.1 Committee Members noted the paper.

</AI4>

<AI5>

4.1   Correspondence with BBC Cymru Wales regarding the National Broadcast Archive

</AI5>

<AI6>

5       Motion under Standing Order 17.42(vi) to resolve to exclude the public from the meeting for the remainder of the meeting

5.1 The motion was agreed.

</AI6>

<AI7>

6       Private debrief

6.1 Committee Members discussed the evidence received.

</AI7>

<TRAILER_SECTION>

</TRAILER_SECTION>

<LAYOUT_SECTION>

1.          FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</LAYOUT_SECTION>

<TITLE_ONLY_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.          FIELD_TITLE

</TITLE_ONLY_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<HEADING_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_TITLE

</HEADING_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<TITLED_COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</TITLED_COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

<COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

FIELD_SUMMARY

</COMMENT_LAYOUT_SECTION>

 

<SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.1          FIELD_TITLE

FIELD_SUMMARY

</SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

 

<TITLE_ONLY_SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>

2.2          FIELD_TITLE

</TITLE_ONLY_SUBNUMBER_LAYOUT_SECTION>